Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Baking in 1850s



Today we made bread and butter the way people made it in the 1850s. At first the butter looked like scrambled eggs and the bread looked like Cookie dough.The ingredients were self raising flour, table salt, warm water, butter chopped into tiny squares and runny whipped cream. 
It took about 2 hours to make the bread and the butter took 10 mins. At lunch time we got to taste both of them. It was very, very salty because Urmi our Teacher put too much salt in it. The reason why we made it like this is because we went to a trip to Ferrymead to  see how it was like when the European settlers came to New Zealand way back in the 1850's. The bread and butter were really easy to make for kids but it was tiring for your arms to make the butter.







No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.